Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
This category is designed for those seeking crew and and those crew who are seeking passages
  • Page:

TOPIC: Crew wanted January for Inverkip, Scotland to Brighton, E.Sussex

Crew wanted January for Inverkip, Scotland to Brighton, E.Sussex 5 months 3 days ago #3379

• Steve.Geekie
  • Steve.Geekie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
2006 49' Hylas is waiting for new electronics in Kip Marina to be ready for short 600nm voyage to South Coast. Hope to go as soon as work is done and there is an appropriate weather window.
If interested please let me know and I'll send full details.
Thanks, Steve

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Crew wanted January for Inverkip, Scotland to Brighton, E.Sussex 2 months 4 weeks ago #3525

• Jo.Winter
Have you found someone yet

Crew wanted January for Inverkip, Scotland to Brighton, E.Sussex 2 months 3 weeks ago #3528

• Steve.Geekie
Hi Jo,
Thanks for reply. You are the first person to from OCC to respond.
They have started the work at last to fit the new electronics and have found the in mast furling also needs a new motor! So the boat has some time to go before she will be ready. It seems that things happen pretty slowly in sleepy Kip!
I have two crew so another experienced member would be most welcome.
If you are interested I will keep you posted?

Crew wanted January for Inverkip, Scotland to Brighton, E.Sussex 2 months 3 weeks ago #3535

• lassen
  • Thank you received: 8
It depends to some extent on your timings, but if your planned passage stretches out into April, then I might be able to help. I've done Inverkip to Lymington twice in the last few years (once stopping in Ireland and once straight through) so it's a passage that I know reasonably well. I'm base in Lymington so Brighton as a destination is no problem. Let me know when you have a firmer timetable.

Richard

Crew wanted January for Inverkip, Scotland to Brighton, E.Sussex 2 months 3 weeks ago #3539

• Steve.Geekie
Hi Richard,
Many thanks for your reply. It sounds like you would ideal if the timing works out and it may well. The electronics are being renewed as well as a furling motor so I know it is going to take a while. I will keep you posted and hope you can join us. We could drop you off in Lymington as I have an errand to do there.
Best wishes,
Steve

Crew wanted January for Inverkip, Scotland to Brighton, E.Sussex 2 months 3 weeks ago #3540

• lassen
Steve,

Let's keep in touch. Lymington is home for me so that could work quite well.

Richard

Crew wanted January for Inverkip, Scotland to Brighton, E.Sussex 1 month 3 weeks ago #3645

• lassen
Steve,
Hope the work in Inverkip is progressing well. When you have a rough idea of timings please email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to see if our schedules coincide. Richard

Crew wanted January for Inverkip, Scotland to Brighton, E.Sussex 4 weeks 2 days ago #3741

• lassen
Steve,

Apologies, but as I don't appear to have heard back from you for some while, I have been pursuing other sailing opportunities so I'm going to have to bale out of this one. Good luck with the passage.

Richard

Crew wanted January for Inverkip, Scotland to Brighton, E.Sussex 4 weeks 2 days ago #3742

• Steve.Geekie
Hi Richard,
Thanks for your message and I totally understand you are looking elsewhere. Frustratingly, the pilot computer had to be returned to The Service Centre for a second time, and also my furling motor is in Lymington with A&T Electronics to see if they can repair. Selden wanted £9700 inc Vat to supply new!!
The pilot is being set up next week and I may leave without a furling motor and furl by hand. Not ideal but I need to get the boat out of that marina and south as soon as . The story continues ,...
Thanks for your interest.

Crew wanted January for Inverkip, Scotland to Brighton, E.Sussex 4 weeks 2 days ago #3743

• lassen
Steve,

Many thanks for letting me know - sounds incredibly frustrating all round. Sorry not to be able to help - have a safe passage. Richard

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.892 seconds