Cruising information by members...
The OCC Cruising Information is provided by reports from OCC amateur yachtsmen and is for the use of OCC members, although reports may be posted on the public part of the OCC Forum. It is every member's responsibility to contribute to the informational resources of the Club. There are any number of ways that members can contribute:
- Write articles about voyages, destinations, or seamanship topics for the Flying Fish journal,
- Write accounts of events, facilities and other newsworthy items for the Newsletter,
- Share all kinds of information on the discussion Forum where you can upload photos and documents, and in particular place links on the appropriate country 'topic', to your own website pages for that country.
- Share time sensitive information on the OCC Facebook page,
- Contribute to the RCC Pilotage Foundation publications under the cooperative agreement between the OCC and the Pilotage Foundation.
The search engine on the OCC website and the Forum finds terms in both locations as well as in indexed articles in Flying Fish.
The date given in a report is the date that the member supplying the information entered the report onto the site; the information may have changed at any time. The OCC has taken no steps to verify the information, which should be confirmed independently. The OCC accepts no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information and cannot be held liable for any damage howsoever caused whether directly or indirectly or any consequential losses.
Links to commercially published Cruising Guides and Pilot Books are provided on this site, along with links to members' websites which have relevant information. In addition, links are provided to sites delivering regional and worldwide coverage of weather and tidal information.
Members can also access a great deal of information from the individual blogs and websites of other members. Those can be reached via the MEMBERS WEBSITES tab in the menu at the top of the website. You must be logged in to see this tab. This listing is automatically generated from information in the member database. If your listing is not accurate, please login in to the Members Site and amend the details in your profile.
PLEASE NOTE: THE CIC WEB SERVER HAS BEEN DECOMMISIONED. ALL INFORMATION PREVIOUSLY ON THE CIC HAS BEEN TRANSFERRED TO THE FORUM. THE MENU ITEM 'GO TO CIC' HAS BEEN DISABLED.